you’d know that I’ve had a few on-air modeling gigs this past year. My
goal isn’t to be a model per se, but to be the plus size representative on
these daytime shows. If you’ve ever watched a fashion segment on a talk
show or morning show, chances are the models are real women of different ages yet seldom plus size or curvy. In any event, stylist, Lilliana Vasquez knows that us curvy gals want to look good too, so I commend her for adding a plus size woman to her segments. With
that being said, on November 4th, I had the pleasure to model on her segment on NBC’s The
My day began really early, up at 5:30am out the door by 6:15am. Luckily, NBC sent a private car service which helped tremendously. Below are some snippets of my morning.
|hair and makeup before the TODAY SHOW|
|quick pic of the “vegan leggings”|
|Selfie right before going on set|
The segment provided inexpensive and trendy styling
ideas on how to turn an outfit to both daytime and night time appropriate- a
lesson I’ve time and time again touched upon on this blog. You can watch the segment here: http://www.today.com/video/today/53456830#53456830
This show was
also the launch of Lilliana Vasquez first styling book, The Cheap Chica’s
Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic. This
must-read book pretty much is an instructional of sorts, on how to shop
inexpensively, what to splurge on and not to splurge on, and of course, stylist
secrets from this celebrity stylist herself.
In addition to fashion segments and book launches, she is also hosting a VIP gift package worth over $300!
Here’s what you could win:
- The Cheap Chica’s Guide to Style: Secrets to Shopping Cheap and Looking Chic – Lilliana will sign each book to the winner along with a personal note
Make Up Forever Custom 4-Shadow Palette and Super Lip Gloss – all colors were hand-picked by Lilliana and she’ll be wearing them all of November for her TV appearances!
Limited Edition Birchbox – curated exclusively for the book!
- Thursday / Friday Here Pochette – the perfect look for less bag!
- Custom “Cheap/Chic” leather card holder from Almanac Industries – designed by Lilliana for Almanac Industries. Only 40 made in total, all exclusively for the book!
To enter, all you need to do is:
1. TWEET @cheapchicas using #cheapischic and include either one of these links with your tweet: http://amzn.to/1aC9F3N or http://bit.ly/15X7BQJ
2. Tell everyone on FACEBOOK how excited you are about the book launch! Be sure to tag “The CheapChica’s Guide to Style” and include http://amzn.to/1aC9F3N or http://bit.ly/15X7BQJ and #cheapischic
The giveaway will close on Sunday, and the big winner will be announced on Monday, November 11th.