As you guys know, we just returned from 3 amazing weeks in Hawaii. One of the questions I get asked the most is what to pack for Hawaii? For some, the thought of packing for vacation brings anxiety, especially doing so well in advance. Im here to tell you, the sooner you get an idea of what to pack, the better it will be for you. I promise! What you DONT want is to rush last minute and throw things in your luggage, especially clothes not conducive for the weather. SO here is my list of items to pack while for Hawaii.
- I highly recommend doing Pre-Check on your smartphone so that it cuts the time in the airport. If you are checking a bag, depending on your location, this may or may not assist in cutting that time in half.
- I recommend a passport holder. Aside from your passport, it can also house your boarding tickets, if you opt for that.
- Have a cross body purse which makes accessing documents like your license or passport (whichever you use as identification) easy but also works perfectly sight-seeing in Hawaii.
- Go to the ATM before you fly out and withdraw some cash and make sure you call your credit card companies and inform them of your traveling plans. This tremendously helps in not being denied as the register due to credit fraud protections.
- Cell phone charger, iPad charger, and car charger ( if you’ll be renting a vehicle)
- Camera! duh, but also bring extra memory cards. If you plan on bringing your laptop, pack your hard or thumb drives.
- Your sunglasses and prescription glasses. You certainly want to be able to see the beautiful sights!
- I NEVER travel without purchasing a Foder’s travel book about that particular destination. I read it before hand and highlight all the sights I want to see and restaurants worth dining out. It really helps take out the guess work.
- Definitely buy Immune System supplements like EmergenC or Airborne.
Check out my Amazon store where I have all the items I purchased for my trip and you can too. Inexpensive and if you have prime, you get them within 2 days!!!
When it comes to clothing, you want to opt for a lot of swimwear, shorts, dresses, flip flops, sandals, and sneakers. Here is a list of pieces that I packed and some awesome recommendations: