Special thanks to Gillette Venus for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Okay ladies, I’m going to share a personal pet peeve. How many of you have gone through this: you’re showered, hair done, makeup perfected, skin moisturized and just when you’re about to apply deodorant before getting dressed, you’re accosted with the dreaded underarm hair that you completely forgot about (cue agonizing face emoji). Needless to say, while getting ready for date night, I pondered over swapping my sleeveless dress for long sleeve just so I didn’t have to shave. It’s not so much that I dread the act of shaving; but rather shaving for me often caused my underarm skin to become dry and flaky. So, glad I came across Gillette Venus Platinum Extra Smooth razors.
After using it, I’m a believer! Shaving has really become a part of our beauty regimen, along with face masks and mani/pedis. While I’d typically have no complaints over anything beauty related, shaving had always been more of a chore for me. The results wouldn’t last and it was a constant struggle. However, I learned the product you utilize play a big part in your results. After using Venus Platinum, I noticed my skin was soft and smooth. I couldn’t believe it! I’ve NEVER gotten those kinds of results from shaving before. The blades are coated with a moisturizing ribbon that allows each stroke to effortlessly glide up and down the area.
The 5 diamond-like coated blades are perfectly balanced and help you get long-lasting smooth skin. No lie, I finished my armpits in 20 seconds! So, after testing out the new Venus Platinum razor, in a cool metal handle may I add, I’ve come up with some pointers to help you ladies get it right all the time. So here we go:
- Always shave on wet skin! It may seem like a no brainer, but you definitely want to use your Gillette Venus Platinum razor on wet skin. Preferably in the shower since your pores are open.
- With the Platinum razor, there’s no need to go over the same area repeatedly. So I recommend 1-2 strokes tops;
- Always shave in the direction of the hair. This would lower the chance of in-grown hairs;
- Shave with a soft hand. It’s not necessary to apply a lot of pressure with these razors;
- After shaving, store your razor in a dry place to avoid rusting and bacteria (eek);
- Lastly, one of my favorite things about this Venus Platinum razor, and all Venus razors, is that the heads are replaceable! So, when the strip begins to fade, just switch it out with a new blade. The razor heads are interchangeable so you can use whatever one best fits your skincare needs.
Personally, I always felt that men’s razors gave a closer and better shave. With the release of Venus Platinum, that myth is totally busted! Now us-ladies can get that close shave with a razor designed especially for our skin and shaving needs! I’ve tried many razors over the years, but I must say that the ones from Gillette Venus have truly become a fave.