Just about everyone person knows that women are organically strong, minus one orange president I will not mention, however the events of this weekend’s Women’s March showed our unbreakable strength in numbers.
Millions of women all over the United States, from Washington, D.C. to California to Boston, banded together to march against inequality and in defiance of the new president. Often times, we do not know our true strength until we’re tested and lord knows, one of the biggest test in our lives awaits us for the next four years. With that being said, why should this march affect you? Well, for one this march may
- motivate more women to run for political offices hence more representation in government
- Set the ball running for equal pay in the workplace in this country
- Affect Trump’s legislation against implementing laws that will set women’s right back decades
- Women no longer have to hold themselves against ridiculous standards when the president elect hasn’t
- Call for racial and economic equality and anti-discrimination against LGBT
- Continue access to affordable reproductive health care including contraception
- Affect immigration reform and protections
While I wasn’t able to participate, I did support from afar and glad that family members and friends of mine were able to attend and have their voices heard. Not to mention, instagram served a great outlet to some of the best protest signs! I’ve included some below.
The best protest signs from the Women’s March on Washington
- For the Harry Potter fanatics out there…
If this weekend left you with anything, remember this….